UNDER SINK FILTRATION & PURIFICATION SYSTEMS
Under sink water filter systems process water on the spot, providing cleaner and better tasting water whenever you need it.
There are many types of under sink water filtration and purification units, with each working slightly differently to filter water from your water source to remove contaminants and additives. With an under sink filter in your kitchen, you can enjoy easy access to cleaner, healthier water for many different purposes.
Not sure which under sink system is right for you? Talk to our experts - the Pure Water Systems Product Solution Team is here to help you decide which system will best suit your home or office needs.
What is an Under Sink Water Filter System?
- Under sink water filter systems are installed neatly beneath your kitchen sink to filter contaminants from your water then deliver it directly to your tap.
- Under sink water filter systems are made up of one or more water filter cartridges, and are installed inline to your tap. Under sink water filter systems can be used with a 3-way mixer tap or stand-alone filtered water faucet.
What are the benefits of an under sink water filter?
- The greatest benefit of an under sink water filter system is that you can enjoy fresh filtered water at the turn of a tap, without taking up important kitchen bench top space.
- Filtering your water with an under sink water filter system can significantly reduce you and your family’s exposure to a wide range of natural and synthetic contaminants that can be found in your tap water.
- You can customise your under sink water filter system to suit your particular water type by adding a pre-filter cartridge if required.
- Under sink water filter systems are very easy to operate as filtered water is produced simply at the turn of a tap.
- Under sink water filter systems allow you to choose what type of mixer tap or stand alone faucet you would like in your kitchen - without compromising on your kitchen's unique style.
What is the best way to filter tap water?
- The best way to filter your tap water depends on your individual water source, quality and kitchen setup. Under sink water filter systems are ideal for people who want the benefit of filtered water, but don’t want to clutter their kitchen benches with a water filter.
- Twin Under Sink Water Filter Systems are a great option for people who are concerned about sediment, rust and dirt in their water. This is because Twin Under Sink Water Filter Systems utilise highly efficient pre-filter cartridges to protect the submicron cartridge which then allows for optimum water filtration.
What is the best under sink water filter system?
- The best under sink water filter system is one that is made from high quality parts and fittings, and correctly suits your individual water needs. If dirt, rust or sediment are of concern, then the best under sink water filter system will have a highly efficient pre-filter and powerful submicron carbon cartridge to filter out contaminants.
- If you would like to remove the most contaminants possible from your water, a reverse osmosis purification system is the best solution. More than standard water filtration, the intense water purification process of reverse osmosis removes almost all contaminants found in drinking water, including totally dissolved solids (TDS).
- When choosing your water filter solution, it is important to select a system and filtration cartridges that are officially certified with test results and performance proof. WaterMark certification ensures a product is fit for purpose and appropriately authorised for use. NSF certification means a product has undergone extensive product testing and material analysis.
How often should you change an under sink water filter?
- Under sink water filter systems cartridges should be replaced every 12 months or the amount of water usage specific to your cartridge - whichever comes first.
- Please note, all cartridges may be subject to replacement earlier than the recommended period. This depends on how much you use your filtration system and the water quality in your area.
Why choose an under sink water filtration system instead of a bench top system?
- Under sink water filter systems do not take up space on your kitchen bench, unlike bench top water filters. Twin Under Sink Filter Systems also are supplied with a pre-filter cartridge, for an extra level of filtration.
How much does it cost to install an under sink water filter?
- Under sink water filter systems require inline plumbing, and all installations must be carried out by a licensed plumber.
- Depending on your location in Australia, we can assist with booking your installation from our list of trusted professional plumbers. For those customers not within a serviceable area, we also provide comprehensive installation instructions to provide to a plumber of your choice.
- Installation costs can vary, so please seek a quote from a trusted plumber before proceeding. If you live in a Pure Water Systems serviceable area, we can organise a quote and installation for you. Please contact 1300 808 966 to find out if you’re in a serviceable area. .
Do under sink water filters remove parasites?
- Under sink water filter systems can utilise the market leading Hi-Tech Optimiser cartridge (town water) or the Doulton Ultracarb cartridge (tank water) to effectively remove parasites such as giardia and cryptosporidium cysts. Both cartridges filter down to a submicron level, to remove a wide range of potentially harmful natural and synthetic contaminants.
How do you install an under sink water filter?
- Under sink water filter systems require installation by a licensed plumber in order to be covered under our 3 year parts and labour warranty. Installation must comply with AS3500.1 and other relevant water authority regulations for your state.
- All Pure Water Systems products come with comprehensive installation instructions for plumbers, and our in-house Plumbing Advisory Team is available to speak directly to your selected plumber.
How do you replace an under sink water filter cartridge?
- All of our under sink water filter replacement cartridges come with comprehensive instructions on how to DIY replace and maintain the filter cartridges.
Please refer to the instructions suitable for your system and cartridges. If you live in a serviceable area, our qualified Service Technicians can provide a comprehensive cartridge replacement and maintenance service for your system - the only cost to you is for the actual replacement cartridges and any other parts that may be needed*.
- Please refer to the relevant regulatory body to determine whether changing a filter cartridge requires a licensed plumber in your state.
How do you remove an under sink water filter?
- To remove an under sink water filter system, please contact Pure Water Systems’ Customer Service Team, who will be able to advise you the best option regarding your specific system.