No matter how clean and refreshing your drinking water appears, generally it will always contain some level of contaminants. While it is not always possible to see these contaminants with the naked eye, for a variety of health benefits (and your taste buds too!) it is better to filter out or remove contaminants altogether.
It’s what’s inside your water filter that really counts.
All filter cartridges need to be replaced regularly in order to ensure optimum filtration. Each time you use your water filtration or purification system, the cartridge catches and removes contaminants. Slowly over time these contaminants build up which can clog cartridges that are not replaced on time. As a result, it becomes harder for water to pass through, making your system less effective.
Why do I need to replace my filter cartridge?
- For great tasting water at the turn of a tap – optimum filtration is achieved when your cartridge is regularly replaced.
- Bacteria and contaminants build up, reducing the performance of your cartridge and system. If not replaced, over time this can lead to your cartridge becoming a source of contamination.
How do I know when my filter cartridge needs changing?
To ensure optimum filtration, you should always replace your cartridge within the recommended time frame. This is generally every 6-12 months for most filtration systems, although due to varying water qualities around Australia, it can be sooner.
A few signs that can indicate you may need to change your cartridge earlier than the recommended time frame:
- Water has an unpleasant taste and/or odour
- Reduced flow rate
- Visual indication (a once bright white filter cartridge is now discoloured)
- Visible biofilm - a clear gel around your cartridge
Where can I find the right cartridge for my system?
Filter cartridges are all different and that’s why it’s important to get the right filter to suit your needs.
Pure Water Systems use only the highest quality cartridges to optimise the removal of potentially harmful contaminants from your tap water.
Hi-Tech Optimiser Cartridge
The powerful Hi-Tech Optimiser Cartridge (HTO) is the hero of Australian water filter cartridges. The HTO is one of the best carbon block filter cartridges in the world. It is comprehensively performance tested and has the ability to remove up to 101 contaminants from your drinking water.
- Unique triple action filtration.
- Advanced carbon block technology to remove unpleasant water taste, odour and up to 101 contaminants.
- Pharmaceutical grade membrane.
- NSF tested and certified.
The Hi-Tech Optimiser cartridge should be replaced every 1892 litres or every 12 months - whichever comes first.
Doulton Ultracarb Cartridge
- Formulation tested to remove 99.99% of bacteria, parasites and particles.
- The cartridge pore size and structure are expertly manufactured to consistently reduce potentially harmful pathogenic organisms such as giardia, cryptosporidium, e-coli, cholera, typhoid kiebsiella terrigena and shigella.
- Easy cleanable surface for prolonged cartridge life.
Although the Doulton Ultracarb reduces disinfection products found in town water (such as chlorine), this cartridge is best recommended for use with water supplies high in sediment such as tank water. It should be replaced every 2300 litres or every 12 months.
RO-5U Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier
The RO-5U Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier is the latest in health innovation and reverse osmosis water purification technology. Thanks to a patented design, cartridges can be replaced with a simple ‘twist and click’. This ensures that maintenance could not be easier, and that no tools are required!
- The pre-filtration cartridges remove chlorine, sediment, and disinfection chemicals, whilst vitally protecting and extending the life of the reverse osmosis Membrane Cartridge.
- The RO-5U GAC acts as a polisher in the final stage of filtration leaving you with fresh, pure, alkaline water.
- Choose from a range of replacement cartridge bundles for a convenient and pocket-friendly alternative to purchasing individual RO-5U cartridges.
The clever system alerts you when it is time to change the filter cartridges (every 2 years for the membrane and every 6-12 months for the other cartridges).
How do I change my cartridge?
Bench Top Water Filter cartridges are simple and easy to DIY replace. To help, Pure Water Systems have created a handy instructional video to assist with changing your filter cartridges.
For under sink systems, Pure Water Systems offer free in-home servicing when a replacement cartridge is purchased*.
If not located in a serviceable area, we can organise servicing
on your behalf.
Call our friendly team today on 1300 808 966 to find the right
cartridge for your system.
* If located in a serviceable area